According to cfpboard .net, "The average American faces an uncertain economy and more options for saving and investing than ever before. It's easy to feel overwhelmed and confused unless you find a way to understand the big picture. A CFP professional can bring clarity to all of your finances and help you develop a strategy, so it's easier to make financial decisions, set long- and short-term life goals, and stay on track. Working with a CFP professional can secure your financial well being and give you piece of mind.
Some people do their own financial planning, but you may want to seek assistance from a CFP professional if you:
- Want to better manage your finances, but aren't sure where to start
- Don't have time to do your own financial planning
- Want a professional opinion about the plan you've developed
- Don't have sufficient expertise in areas such as investments, insurance, taxes or retirement planning.
- Have an immediate need or unexpected life event. (cfpboard, 2017)"